how to get people to connect to my server

{T-N-P-L} jlandy71

Sep 2, 2018
Indiana, United States of America
i have a server i installed on my comp. i can connect but others can't. i am sure i forwarded the ports correctly. steam cam can actually see it. and how do i add admins/owners? i have the authallow plugin on. fougerite 1.8.2 and latest rustbuster client. it is a server i down;oaded from a youtube video from dity so it is his setup.has many plugins already installed. like kits,but i can't get the admin kit that is setup.and the server list doesn't see it. guessing someone here would have to actually put it on the list.

vladtheinpaler

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2018
Ohio, United States of America
have you tried rcon login ? if you hit F1 then do rcon.login "yourpassword" you have to do your password in brackets and you have to do rcon login while in game. once in game then you can set admin and all that.

Revezunds

Dec 1, 2017
i have a server i installed on my comp. i can connect but others can't. i am sure i forwarded the ports correctly. steam cam can actually see it. and how do i add admins/owners? i have the authallow plugin on. fougerite 1.8.2 and latest rustbuster client. it is a server i down;oaded from a youtube video from dity so it is his setup.has many plugins already installed. like kits,but i can't get the admin kit that is setup.and the server list doesn't see it. guessing someone here would have to actually put it on the list.
You should try to update your server version first, there is actually a prebuild with latest updated FG and RB version you should get that .

have you tried rcon login ? if you hit F1 then do rcon.login "yourpassword" you have to do your password in brackets and you have to do rcon login while in game. once in game then you can set admin and all that.
Also its not just "F1 then do rcon.login "yourpassword" you have to do your password in brackets" Once you have logged in through Rcon you go in game chat and write /setmasteradmin. to check now you cna do /help and you can see admin commands. to get full owner access write /addflag yourname all . if you want to be more detailed go in server file find your HWID in logs and add that to Admin file in Rustpp with your SteamID