Rust Decay

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Revezunds, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Revezunds

Revezunds Moderator Moderator

Greetings all,
    as we all know that Rustuster and Fougerite updated and one of the updates was default rust decay till now it was enabled on my server and I am not using any other decay plugin or any of the decay command for aCw server.
    today many players lost their home as it decayed and fully vanished. according to rust default decay, there was a system that can be controlled by the opening of the door an closing of the door where a base get refreshed automatically once when the door of the base is opened and closed. (reference is from oxide based server )
    it maybe is default rust decay or there could be an error in the server also past few days one more symptom occurred that after few hours layers can not place foundations and so i need to restart the server.
    a fresh new error message today I caught in the console was this:

(14:57:20) | Saving to 'rust_server_Data/rust_island_2013.sav'
    (14:57:20) | NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    (14:58:29) | "Stop" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    (14:58:29) | "SetDestination" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    (14:58:29) | "Stop" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    (14:58:29) | [NavMesh] AI destroyed for having invalid path.

also these:

Failed to invoke Method Context:B with 1 parameters: Sender: Player Client (6), timestamp: 30.705
    Failed to invoke Method Context:B with 1 parameters: Sender: Player Client (7), timestamp: 540.811

for now, i have disabled the default rust decay and thinking of wiping server soon. just out of concern wanted to bring in the interest of you all if this can be a reason i am unaware of and could be solved.

Regards

2. salva

salva Friendly self-taught developer Administrator

As I read you refer to the decay posted in this update?
    http://fougerite.com/resources/fougerite-official.77/update?update=1153

3. DreTaX

DreTaX Probably knows the answer... Administrator

I don't think those messages are relevant for that. Nor the decay.

4. Revezunds

Revezunds Moderator Moderator

well, for now, i just wiped the server. as suddenly many old build base just vanished.but would be great if we can have a controlled decay system and a way to refresh the decay timer for players as in opening the door at least in 48 hours or base will trigger decay due to inactivity and then you need to heal it or it decays slowly.
    also because of this players have to make door and cant live in a bunker with no doors.

you guys know much better what is applicable and practical.