Solved RustBuster Client Problem

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
Hello, I have a problem. Everytime when I open "RustBuster2016Helper.exe" or "RustBuster.exe", Rust everytime crashes with this problem in CMD. I don't know why is it happening, I opened "RustBuster2016VerifyerAndUpdater.exe" almost 20 times, it said it fixed all problems and again when I open Rust it crashes me to this CMD window. I also reinstalled game 10 times, and nothing. There is also my RustBuster Log file and output.log. Don't tell me I am not updated game. Can you solve this problem? Thanks. (Sorry for my bad English)

Last edited:

salva

Friendly self-taught developer
Administrator
Jan 31, 2016
Hello, I have a problem. Everytime when I open "RustBuster2016Helper.exe" or "RustBuster.exe", Rust everytime crashes with this problem in CMD. I don't know why is it happening, I opened "RustBuster2016VerifyerAndUpdater.exe" almost 20 times, it said it fixed all problems and again when I open Rust it crashes me to this CMD window. I also reinstalled game 10 times, and nothing. There is also my RustBuster Log file and output.log. Don't tell me I am not updated game. Can you solve this problem? Thanks. (Sorry for my bad English)
  1. 6/1/2017 7:50:33 PM [RustBuster] File is invalid or you don't have the latest Rust. mono.dll
  2. 6/1/2017 7:50:34 PM [RustBuster] File is invalid or you don't have the latest Rust. librust.dll
Missing files or invalid... Try download client again.

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
test is download in format .rar
Yeah, I verifyed that is .rar file. I downloaded yours link and now see, I have the other problem. Everytime when I reinstall game, it opens just 1 time. Next time I open it, it will not start and shows me the same error with update in cmd window. And again, I open RustBuster2016Verifier.exe and nothing. So, when I want to play the game, I must reinstall it everytime? Please I don't know why is this happening.
format you computer to win 10 or win 8.
Thanks, but no, I am staying on Windows 7.
@xandeturf

salva

Friendly self-taught developer
Administrator
Jan 31, 2016
Yeah, I verifyed that is .rar file. I downloaded yours link and now see, I have the other problem. Everytime when I reinstall game, it opens just 1 time. Next time I open it, it will not start and shows me the same error with update in cmd window. And again, I open RustBuster2016Verifier.exe and nothing. So, when I want to play the game, I must reinstall it everytime? Please I don't know why is this happening.

Thanks, but no, I am staying on Windows 7.
@xandeturf
Test maybe ... disable your antivirus or firewall, maybe this blocking those files or quarantining them, greetings

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
BUMP!

I apologize for not answering 6 days.

Test maybe ... disable your antivirus or firewall, maybe this blocking those files or quarantining them, greetings
Sorry but this didn't work. I don't know why, I thinked it will work after i deinstall antivirus software, but it didn't. Again opened RustBusterVerifier and nothing.

@salva

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
BUMP!

I apologize for not answering 6 days.

Sorry but this didn't work. I don't know why, I thinked it will work after i deinstall antivirus software, but it didn't. Again opened RustBusterVerifier and nothing.

@salva
if you're missing mono.dl & llibrust.dll's then your antivirus is deleting them when you download/unzip the file, Disable firewall & extract the RustBuster/Client and try running the client or running the updater

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
if you're missing mono.dl & llibrust.dll's then your antivirus is deleting them when you download/unzip the file, Disable firewall & extract the RustBuster/Client and try running the client or running the updater
Sorry but I did everything you said, and it's not working :( . Anyway if I can't fix this problem, the only thing left is to reinstall Windows. But I will not reinstall it now, I will try fixing this more.
@Jakkee

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
Sorry but I did everything you said, and it's not working :( . Anyway if I can't fix this problem, the only thing left is to reinstall Windows. But I will not reinstall it now, I will try fixing this more.
@Jakkee
That's really weird,
Can you repost your rustbuster.log, I want to see if the error is the same

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
Here it is: RustBuster Log and Output Log. And yeah, I think it's the same error.

EDIT: I think I have some viruses on my computer. I will full check my system with the antivirus software, then I'll tell you what is next happening.

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
Here it is: RustBuster Log and Output Log. And yeah, I think it's the same error.

EDIT: I think I have some viruses on my computer. I will full check my system with the antivirus software, then I'll tell you what is next happening.
Do you have Mono.dll located in Rust_Data/Mono?
Also do you have Librust located in Rust_Data/Plugins?
If not, Download, unzip and place the DLL's in the above locations

Attachments

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
Do you have Mono.dll located in Rust_Data/Mono?
Also do you have Librust located in Rust_Data/Plugins?
If not, Download, unzip and place the DLL's in the above locations
Yeah, finally that thing fixed my game. Btw, I think something is corrupting these two files on Rust launch, but I don't know what. Anyway thank you all guys for the answers, particularly Jakkee.

Reactions: Jakkee

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
Yeah, finally that thing fixed my game. Btw, I think something is corrupting these two files on Rust launch, but I don't know what. Anyway thank you all guys for the answers, particularly Jakkee.
Glad you got it working! :)

Reactions: Borko

DreTaX

Probably knows the answer...
Administrator
Jun 29, 2014
At your house.
github.com
  1. 6/9/2017 12:46:43 PM [RustBuster] File is invalid or you don't have the latest Rust. mono.dll
  2. 6/9/2017 12:46:43 PM [RustBuster] File is invalid or you don't have the latest Rust. librust.dll
Thats pretty weird. The RB package has that in it, something might have deleted those, maybe antivirus?

.50cal

Jan 10, 2017
Seems like im having a similar problem. Here's my output_log : https://pastebin.com/uhGzxUGx

I used to play the game from the same pc before 1.4.9. Cant go past the facepunch screen after that. I already turned off my anti-virus and firewall, downloaded the .dlls mentioned above and replaced the existing ones with them just in case but still nothing.

Borko

Apr 13, 2017
  1. 6/9/2017 12:46:43 PM [RustBuster] File is invalid or you don't have the latest Rust. mono.dll
  2. 6/9/2017 12:46:43 PM [RustBuster] File is invalid or you don't have the latest Rust. librust.dll
Thats pretty weird. The RB package has that in it, something might have deleted those, maybe antivirus?
Yeah, some antivirus program deleted them so I uninstalled antivirus and it is now fully working.

Seems like im having a similar problem. Here's my output_log : https://pastebin.com/uhGzxUGx

I used to play the game from the same pc before 1.4.9. Cant go past the facepunch screen after that. I already turned off my anti-virus and firewall, downloaded the .dlls mentioned above and replaced the existing ones with them just in case but still nothing.
I think you must uninstall antivirus. Believe me. Also antivirus programs slows your computer and other programs, because it uses a lot of CPU and RAM. On my old computer, I never used antivirus and never got the virus on the computer. Microsoft has created an antivirus program that should be embedded in Windows in the moment it is installed. It is very easy to use and does not use much of the memory and processor. Nevermind, if this don't fix your problem, ask @DreTaX or someone from staff team to help you.

Reactions: salva

.50cal

Jan 10, 2017
But its right here : http://prntscr.com/fm90k5

I already downloaded the .dlls you sent and replaced them, uninstalled my antivirus, turned off my firewall and rebooted my pc and router before downloading rb again.