RustBuster Client Sided Scripting

Which language should be added on client side?

• C# Dll

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • C# css file

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Python file

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreTaX

Probably knows the answer...
Administrator
Jun 29, 2014
At your house.
github.com
Dear users of Fougerite,

How would you imagine RustBuster's Scripting side? Which language? It would download scripts from the server? Do you need any special sorta thing? GUIs? Anything? Add any special obfuscation?

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
My vote is on C# cs
Just as easy as Python, As fast as C# just without the compiling.

I've always wanted to stream loading music and change the connecting/loading screen to something better

gintaras

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Jan 10, 2017
I imagine making new items like spear crossbow new building parts

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
Options to have more FPS : Remove all grams, remove all clouds ... etc
That would be just textures. So if we can send new objects like weapons and sounds I can't see why we can't send world textures.
But that will be awhile away.
Also if you can't play Rust on lowest settings then I don't think rust is for you, but you can play on a lower resolution (Full screen) too impove fps

MasterPeace

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Wiki Editor
Feb 2, 2015
Poland
So is it working now? Did Dretax made it? And do he plans to inject client more?

MasterPeace

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Wiki Editor
Feb 2, 2015
Poland
Great job man @DreTaX . I finally have client and server side script. I didn't thought you could make it to the end. Have couple of basic ideas for client, so when you'll work on injecting client more, contact me I could provide some testing scripts.

Now I want to launch my server like for month and train making mods/plugins little bit. Have important project coming up so it will warm me up :)

MasterPeace

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Wiki Editor
Feb 2, 2015
Poland
Just realized you actually asked more questions than just language.

Here is my "Dream List":

Client should download mod before connecting to server, and save to different directory for example:
mods:
--> server_name_1 -> mod.dll
--> server_other_name -> mod.dll

If it's possible, would be cool to get obfuscated code/secured package, so more advanced servers couldn't be copied. Best would be if we could also use our own libraries in mod, for example add second sound library to play some custom sounds, just whatever we like and whatever will work with old .net framework/unity.

1. Add custom image for server loading, client-side with client, or server-side to download,
2. Use built in Unity GUI - imagine displaying popup with server info, instead of writing all in chat,
3. Add custom objects to the map (textured 3D models) - of course for more advanced developers,
4. Add custom usable objects - for best developers.

And as it will be hard AF, I would be really happy if we could at least:
- add custom images to server connection screen,
- add custom objects to the map / or create/modify and use different map than Rust default.

xandeturf

Nov 4, 2015
Players complain a lot of horrible fps, if possible remove clouds and grams.

Jakkee

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Contributor
Jul 28, 2014
Australia
Oh seems right. Maybe adding the downloading rustbuster plugins can be a good idea too.
Would be cool showing the name of the plugin or just downloading server plugins 0 to 100% on the loading bar

Status
Not open for further replies.