Resource icon

Approved AAscii (ANA, AKA IllegalName) 1.2

No permission to download

ice cold

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Canada
i tested it and when i restart the server it kicks all players even their name are legal

armand

Trusted Member
Jan 6, 2018
Cuba
if a user changes the name it is expelled from the server, when it puts its original name it can enter perfectly but in the server this error comes out:
dretax.jpg

armand

Trusted Member
Jan 6, 2018
Cuba
for me is not working well, the players can still change their names saludos

Pompeyo

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Cuba
Hello, in the previous version of ANA if a player changed the name, the server ejected it, but this is not happening, this function was removed or is it a problem that I have?

Reactions: armand

Revezunds

Dec 1, 2017
please forgive my insistence, but I can not understand wut, I speak spanish and I depend on the google translator, I could repeat your answer in a more specific way, thanks !!!
@Pompeyo "Wut" (what?) is just a word normally people use to describe an expression of confusion.
it would be better if you can explain the question you asked a bit more clearly I totally understand the language barrier you face .

• Winner
Reactions: Pompeyo and armand

Pompeyo

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Cuba
@Revezunds thank you for your help, I already imagined it was something like that.
@DreTaX
really what I need is to prevent players from constantly changing the name, that's a bit annoying, and here they abuse that, in the previous version of this plugin that function was working, but with this it does not work anymore, I wanted to know if it disabling or if it's my problem

Last edited:

DreTaX

Probably knows the answer...
Administrator
Jun 29, 2014
At your house.
github.com
@Revezunds thank you for your help, I already imagined it was something like that.
@DreTaX
really what I need is to prevent players from constantly changing the name, that's a bit annoying, and here they abuse that, in the previous version of this plugin that function was working, but with this it does not work anymore, I wanted to know if it disabling or if it's my problem
Constantly changing their name? How? You mean reconnecting?

Pompeyo

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Cuba
@DreTaX

Hi
For example, a player is called messi, after a while for x reason he got rolling, but a little while later he got juan and so on, and I would like to control that

Revezunds

Dec 1, 2017
@DreTaX

Hi
For example, a player is called messi, after a while for x reason he got rolling, but a little while later he got juan and so on, and I would like to control that
Normally changing the name in server is personal choice unless someone is impersonating someone while the original name holder is online.
so if I simplify what you want to ask is if you control that players can not change their name once the name they choose while they join the server , which I believe is not possible but yes you can keep track of players by marking them in your Rcon if you use Rust admin tool you have an option to mark the certain player if he/she changes his/her name often a lot. and maybe give him/her a warning .
P.S changing the name is normal and there is no harm unless someone changes his IP too much or SteamID. My given information is limited and what i know for sure @DreTaX would have a better opinion as he knows much better.

Pompeyo

Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Cuba
@DreTaX @Revezunds
I did not do it ??? I would swear that yes, maybe when I did the tests he did not allow it because of some illegal character.
Formerly when I was using oxide I used a plugin called ReservedNames, which prevented a player from putting their name on or changing theirs, this worked so I do not think it's that complicated.
I know that changing the name is something that goes with the game but abuse it not, and in my server abuse it, I think you could add a configuration, so that this feature could be enabled or not. This is just my personal opinion, thank you for your attention

Reactions: Revezunds